Check your documents are eligible
The e-Apostille service excludes a small number of document types. To legalise the following documents, use the paper-based service instead.
- All General Register Office (GRO) documents, including birth, death, marriage, civil partnership and adoption certificates
- ACRO police certificates for England and Wales
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificates for England and Wales
- Disclosure certificates for Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Fingerprint certificates
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) membership certificates
Why these documents are excluded
The organisations that issue these documents do not currently allow electronic copies to be legalised. For example, some of the documents include physical features and therefore must be viewed in their original format.